Do you suffer from this condition? Dry skin under eyes treatment options can provide relief. The skin under the eyes is very delicate, which makes them susceptible to irritation and dryness.
Weather changes can cause it. Your creams, moisturizers for skin and other products may be causing it too. The first step to healing and identifying the appropriate treatment is to know the causes of red dry skin under eyes.
Usually, you will need to adopt a new skin regimen and remedy to treat and prevent this condition.
What causes this condition?
- Environmental factors can easily cause dry skin around eyes. If there is hot weather or low humidity in your area, you are more likely to experience it.
- Bathing with hot water all the time can also dry out the skin. It is important to avoid it because the skin is more susceptible to irritation.
- Are you wearing makeup? In your attempt to hide dark circles under the eye, you may be creating more stress on the facial thin skin area.
- Although this condition appears more often on the eyelids, using under-eye concealers and eyeliners can also make your skin dry. Further, the makeup brushes you use can accumulate bacteria, which are then transferred to your skin once you use the dry brushes. The bacteria irritate and dry it out.
- If you are wearing makeup, then you are also using facial cleansers. These facial cleansers can also be harsh on the skin, which is why it getting drier and prone to irritation.
Natural Treatment Options
If you are tired of dealing with red itchy skin, treatment is available if you are willing to follow these simple steps.
- You should use only mild facial cleansers to clean your face. The best lotion for this condition is hypoallergenic. Similarly, avoid using lotions and soaps with fragrances as they can easily remove moisture from the facial area.
- For dry wrinkled skin under eyes, apply best eye cream during the day and night. Use the cream after bathing or washing your face. Eye creams prevent skin dryness and moisturize it.
- Do you have dry skin patches under the eyes? Again, dermatologists recommend applying moisturizer after washing the face.
- Is cold weather drying out your skin? Use a humidifier at home to keep it moisturized. One of the best dry skin remedies is applying vaseline as a protector.
How to treat dry skin on eyelids and under eyes
- You must drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to keep the body hydrated.
- Avoid harsh facial soaps and cleansers and apply lotions gently on the eye area. Also, avoid using fragranced soaps and skincare products on the face.
- You are better off using non-comedogenic moisturizers – those unlikely to leave oil and dead skin deposits – since they are oil-free and will not clog pores.
- When using a humidifier at home, always change the water to avoid proliferation of bacteria and mold in the air.
- When taking a bath, make sure to close the door of the bathroom to keep the humidity inside the room. The skin under the eyes will absorb this humidity.
- Avoid using anti-aging products with ingredients such as alpha-hydroxy acid and retinoid. These ingredients can really dry skin and cause a rash under eyes.
- Natural remedies are still some of the best options. For dark circles under eyes, treatment can be as simple as applying cold cucumbers to the dry area.
These simple treatment options should bring the moisture back on your face. If there is no improvement, you may need to consult a doctor. You might be having some underlying health issues that are causing your dry skin under eyes.